We had a terrific meeting about our upcoming trip to Washington, D.C.! This email is for anyone that may have missed the meeting or a review for those that attended. Below is a link to the parent presentation. Please watch this for more information.
This trip is going to be so much fun - and so educational - for our students! Here are a couple of important reminders:
- Don’t forget to register for the trip by Tuesday, Oct. 8th– Your Trip ID # is 181720
- Parents should wait to register until we find out how many adult chaperones are needed (determined by the number of students attending). There is a process to be an adult chaperone and we don't want anyone paying in advance before they have been approved.
- Register online at worldstrides.com/signup or by phone at 800-468-5899.
- Pay only a $99 deposit to sign up. The remaining balance is spread out into smaller amounts and paid monthly prior to the trip.
WorldStrides provides many helpful tools to help you pay for your trip. Check these out:
- Through FLAG financial assistance, over $2.5 million in assistance is given out each year to qualifying families. Call customer service at 1-800-468-5899, and ask for a quote by giving them our trip ID number above. You do not need to be registered to get a quote.
- Thousands of students pay for their trip through the easy-to-use Gift of Education Fundraising program
A letter was sent home with students in regards to PBIS expectations that must be met in order to attend the trip. Please read the following letter and return to school signed even if your child does not plan on attending the trip. This just ensures that you have received the guidelines: 2019-2020 Informational Letter - Washington DC Trip
Finally, as stated in the meeting, this trip is still pending board approval. The next board meeting is in October and we will know for sure by late October. It is still best if parents sign their child up now in order to get financial assistance/payment plans. If for some reason the trip were to be denied, all money would be refunded.
Please let me know if you have any questions about the trip. I look forward to leading a fun and educational program for your child!
All the best,
Christin Swords at firstname.lastname@example.org