Parents may be accustomed to a stack of paper coming home with their child on the first day of school that is used to update student and family information. In an effort to cut down on the amount of paper sent home, an online updating process is in place this school year.
Parents need to know the following information before starting the annual updating process:
- To access the documents and properly submit them, parents must have an Infinite Campus® Parent Portal login username and password.
- A parent must contact their child’s school to obtain an initial login number. Infinite Campus is the system that public school districts in Kentucky use to house student information like grades, parent contact information and other important data.
- If a parent already has an Infinite Campus Parent Portal login, they will not need to acquire a new one.
- Links to the Parent Portal are on the district’s webpage, www.hardin.kyschools.us. The link can be found under the Parents tab at the top of the page and the Quick Links tab on the right-hand side of the page.
- Instructions for the process are now on the district’s webpage under Quick Links and are labeled as Online Annual Update Instructions.
- If a parent is registering a kindergarten student or a student that is new to the district, parents need to go to their child’s school to begin the process.
Documents will available on the Infinite Campus Parent Portal on Thursday, July 25, 2019. It is important to note that not all documents will be accessible online and some must be completed on paper. There are some documents that state/federal regulations require to be completed on paper.
“We realize that filling out paperwork is a bit tedious.” HCS Superintendent Teresa Morgan said. “It becomes a burdensome task, especially if there are several children in the family. However, it is necessary. Now parents will be able to submit that information electronically and it will still go to the appropriate people.”