Renovations continue at Central Hardin High School. Construction is currently taking place on the school’s parking lot that will cause some adjustments to the school’s Open House schedule:
August 1st Freshman Student Event
- Students are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to ride the school bus to this event. HCS buses will be available to bring students to the event and take them home afterward. A form requesting transportation is available on the CHHS website, www.hardin.kyschools.us/chhs. The form is found in a link titled “Freshman Open House” under the News and Announcements section of the website. This is a direct link to that form: https://forms.gle/XG6unwVCa2S9AKWS8
- THERE WILL NOT BE A PARENT EVENT THAT EVENING. The Freshman Student Event is for students. If only students attend the event and ride the school bus to and from the event, there will not be overcrowding in a much smaller parking lot (because of the construction)
- Parents are welcome to attend the school-wide open house event on August 8.
August 8th Open House for ALL Grades
- 5-8 pm
- This event is open to parents and students in all grades (9-12).
- More of the parking lot will be accessible at this event than the event on August 1. However, in an effort to reduce any parking or traffic issues, CHHS is asking families to attend in shifts. If families have students in multiple grades, they are asked to attend during the window that works best for them:
- Freshman - 5:00-5:45
- Sophomores - 5:45-6:30
- Juniors 6:30 - 7:15
- Seniors 7:15 - 8:00
“We appreciate everyone’s patience as we go through these growing pains,” CHHS principal Tim Isaacs said. “Our families are our most important asset and we want to make every effort to keep everyone safe.”