HCS stepped away from asking parents to share information updates on paper last school year. Those updates were acquired through the Infinite Campus® Parent Portal system.
This year’s electronic information updates start on July 13 and end on August 18.
Parents need to know the following information before starting the annual updating process:
- To access the documents and properly submit them, parents must have an Infinite Campus® Parent Portal login username and password.
- A parent must contact their child’s school to obtain an initial login number if they do not have one or it has been lost or forgotten. Infinite Campus is the system that public school districts in Kentucky use to house student information like grades, parent contact information and other important data.
- If a parent already has an Infinite Campus Parent Portal login, they will not need to acquire a new one.
- Links to the Parent Portal are on the district’s webpage. The link can be found under the Parents tab at the top of the page and the Quick Links tab on the right-hand side of the page.
- Instructions for the process are now on the district’s webpage under Quick Links and are labeled as Online Annual Update Instructions.
- If a parent is registering a kindergarten student or a student that is new to the district, parents need to go to their child’s school to begin the process.
It is important to note that not all documents will be accessible online and some must be completed on paper. There are some documents that state/federal regulations require to be completed on paper.