Hardin County Schools is prepared to help its families who desire to apply for the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program.
(P-EBT) program is a financial resource for families with students who lost access to free or reduced-price school meals due to COVID-19. P-EBT provides households with an EBT card with funds (up to $313.50 per student) to spend on food at home for students.
The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) and the Kentucky Department of Education are partnering in providing this benefit to families as quickly as possible. The program seeks to aid these specific groups:
- Group 1: CHFS direct certification public school students – currently enrolled students who are receiving SNAP benefits on an active EBT card will automatically receive additional funds for P-EBT added on to their existing card. Currently enrolled students who are receiving Medicaid or KTAP benefits based on income levels below the NSLP income guidelines, or who are in Foster Care, will automatically receive a P-EBT card in the mail.
- Group 2: All other eligible public school students – beginning June 1, and for 30 days, all other eligible public school families will be able to opt-in to receive the benefit by applying on https://benefind.ky.gov/. Benefits will be processed immediately upon confirmation that the student had access to free or reduced lunch.
- Group 3: Families of students who attend a school that has the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) - All students who attend a CEP school receive free lunch and the families of those students are eligible for the P-EBT program.
To complete the P-EBT application process, parents/guardians must submit the student’s Statewide Student Identification (SSID) number. Hardin County Schools is able to provide that SSID number to families who do not have it in one of two ways:
- Parents can log into their Infinite Campus® Parent Portal account to find the SSID number. If parents do not have a Parent Portal login username and password, they must contact their child’s school to obtain an initial login number.
- However, with limited staff at schools because of summer break, parents may also email firstname.lastname@example.org with the child’s name, the school the child attended in the 2019-2020 school year and the student’s birth date.
- Specific information on the assistance the HCS can offer can be found under the Quick Links section of the HCS website by clicking SSID Number Assistance.
Hardin County Schools officials can only provide the SSID number. Questions about the P-EBT program and a family’s eligibility can be answered at https://benefind.ky.gov/ or by emailing email@example.com. Information and data required for the P-EBT program are based on the 2019-2020 school year.