The Hardin County Schools Child Nutrition staff has been serving meals on curbsides and buses since mid-March. That will continue when the district’s annual summer feeding program begins service on May 26.
The summer feeding program serves free meals to any child 18-years-old and younger.
There are three summer feeding sites and multiple Cruisin’ Café – the district’s mobile food service – stops throughout the county. Lunch will be available at the following locations each weekday from 11 am to 1 pm:
- Central Hardin High School, 3040 Leitchfield Road, Cecilia (serving out of the back of the cafeteria - use N. Black Branch Road entrance to campus and drive inside fenced area)
- John Hardin High School, 384 WA Jenkins Road, Elizabethtown
- North Hardin High School, 801 S. Logsdon Parkway, Radcliff (serving out of the back of the cafeteria - use the first entrance to the campus going either way on S. Logsdon Parkway)
The Cruisin’ Café – or another HCS school bus – will make stops at the following locations at the times listed:
- Bible Baptist Church, 156 Shelby Ave., Radcliff 11 - 11:20 am
- Radcliff Elementary, 145 S. Dixie Blvd., Radcliff 11:30-11:50 am
- New Hope Missionary Church, 1591 Hill St., Radcliff 11:55 am -12:15 pm
- Rineyville Dollar General, 4478 Rineyville-Big Springs Road, Rineyville 12:35 - 12:55 pm
- Par Lane, Elizabethtown 11 - 11:20 am
- Saddle Creek Apartments, 103 Plum Court, Elizabethtown 11:35 -11:55 am
- Claysville Landing Apartments, Elizabethtown 12:10 - 12:30 pm
- Ponderosa Manor, Ponderosa Drive., Elizabethtown 12:40 - 1:00 pm
- Creekside Elementary School, 151 Horseshoe Bend Road, Sonora 11 - 11:30 am
- Youngers Creek Baptist Church, 251 Younger’s Creek Road, Elizabethtown Noon - 12:30 pm
The summer feeding program will end on July 24 and will not serve meals on July 3 in observation of the Independence Day holiday.
Times and locations are subject to change. The public is encouraged to be patient if a bus should run late on the Cruisin’ Café route. It may take a couple of days to get route times properly adjusted. CLICK HERE to see a summer feeding program menu.