The ExCEL Program, Hardin County Schools' Teen Parent/Child Development Program, is located at College View Campus, 521 Charlemagne, Elizabethtown, KY.
It is available to students enrolled in Hardin County Schools. While their children are provided day care, students can also take advantage of enrolling in our Hardin County High School which is located on the same campus to complete their high school diploma.
If the student is currently attending Central Hardin, John Hardin, or North Hardin High School, arrangements can be made to transport them to College View Campus to participate in this program.
Objectives of the ExCEL Program:
- to provide a drop-out prevention program for new teen mothers
- to model quality programming for children from birth to age four
Goals of the ExCEL Program:
- To assist teen mothers toward the completion of a high school education.
- To help teen parents meet the challenges of parenthood in a manner that will secure a healthy future for themselves and their children.
- To provide a safe, developmentally appropriate environment for children enrolled.
- To provide support services, inclusive of on-site child development center, a teen parent support group and access to community resources that foster the physical, emotional, social and intellectual development of parent and child.
Students at Central Hardin, John Hardin, North Hardin, or Hardin County High School who are interested in participating in the ExCEL Program should contact one of the guidance counselors at their school.
Services provided by the program include:
- A licensed child development facility located at College View Campus.
- A teen parenting course designed to address the specific needs of each enrollee.
- Assistance with in identification and access to community support.
- Transportation to and from school for parent and child, if needed.
- A teen parent support group with activities designed to address individual concerns of each student.
The ExCEL Program is open on days that Hardin County Schools is in session.
Operating hours: 8:15a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Wes Blair, Director of Alternative Programs
Carolyn Tucker, Teacher