CLICK HERE TO VIEW OPEN POSITIONS AND APPLY FOR A POSITION
Guidelines for Online Application Process
- Answer each question completely and honestly, providing explanations where necessary.
- Required documents for certified applicants -- If you are applying for a certified position (a position requiring teaching certification) YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR STATE OR GOVERNMENT-ISSUED ID AND you are required to upload one of the following documents:
- Current teaching certificate
- Statement of Eligibility
- University Letter of Acceptance for alternative route to certification
- Letter of explanation for new graduates who do not have one of the documents above. This letter should include your graduation date, university name and status with regard to obtaining teacher certification.
- Required documents for classified applicants -- If you are applying for a classified position (a position that does NOT require teaching certification) you are required to upload your high school diploma or GED certificate and a state or government-issued ID.
- Required documents for substitute teacher applicants -- If you are applying for a substitute teaching position, YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR STATE OR GOVERNMENT-ISSUED ID AND you are required to upload one of the following documents:
- Current Kentucky substitute teaching certificate
- Current teaching certificate
- Most recent college transcript (Minimum 2.5 GPA required)
- References -- At least three (3) references are required. References should not be a family member or friend and should be able to address your work performance. Additional references may be added. If you are applying for both a classified and a certified position and you list the same references for both, please advise your references that there is a different survey for each type of position.
- Uploading Attachments -- Attachments can be scanned and then uploaded into your application. If you do not have access to a scanner, there is one located at our Central Office at 65 W.A. Jenkins Road, Elizabethtown, KY. Also, any local office supply store can assist you at a minimal cost. You should scan your document and save it as a PDF file, which you can then upload. DO NOT scan phony documents into your application in an effort to get around submitting the requested documents. Your application will not be considered complete until the required documents are received.
NOTE: Once an application is submitted, you will be able to track the status of your application, see if reference surveys are completed, and make changes to your information by signing into and reviewing your profile. As soon as your application is complete and eligible for consideration for the position for which you applied, your status will change to "application complete". Should a principal/administrator decide to interview you, they will contact you directly.
For harassment/discrimination inquiries, please contact: HCS Title IX Coordinator, 65 WA Jenkins Road, Elizabethtown, KY 42701, call 270-769-8822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need assistance with your online application, please call or e-mail Kaye Reynolds at 270-769-8830. Hardin County Schools is an equal opportunity employer.