The Hardin County Schools Child Nutrition staff has been serving meals on curbsides and buses since mid-March. That will continue when the district’s annual summer feeding program begins service on May 26 and ends on July 24 for all locations.
The summer feeding program serves free meals to any child 18-years-old and younger.
There are three summer feeding sites and multiple Cruisin’ Café – the district’s mobile food service – stops throughout the county. Lunch will be available at the following locations each weekday from 11 am to 1 pm:
- Central Hardin High School, 3040 Leitchfield Road, Cecilia (serving out of the back of the cafeteria - use N. Black Branch Road entrance to campus and drive inside fenced area)
- John Hardin High School, 384 WA Jenkins Road, Elizabethtown
- North Hardin High School, 801 S. Logsdon Parkway, Radcliff (serving out of the back of the cafeteria - use the first entrance to the campus going either way on S. Logsdon Parkway)
- STARTING JULY 1 - West Point School, 209 N. 13th Street, West Point (outside of the gym doors)
The Cruisin’ Café – or another HCS school bus – will make stops at the following locations at the times listed:
- Bible Baptist Church, 156 Shelby Ave., Radcliff 11 - 11:20 am
- Radcliff Elementary, 145 S. Dixie Blvd., Radcliff 11:30-11:50 am
- New Hope Missionary Church, 1591 Hill St., Radcliff 11:55 am -12:15 pm
- Rineyville Dollar General, 4478 Rineyville-Big Springs Road, Rineyville 12:35 - 12:55 pm
- Par Lane, Elizabethtown 11 - 11:20 am
- Saddle Creek Apartments, 103 Plum Court, Elizabethtown 11:35 -11:55 am
- Claysville Landing Apartments, Elizabethtown 12:10 - 12:30 pm
- Ponderosa Manor, Ponderosa Drive., Elizabethtown 12:40 - 1:00 pm
- Creekside Elementary School, 151 Horseshoe Bend Road, Sonora 11 - 11:30 am
- Youngers Creek Baptist Church, 251 Younger’s Creek Road, Elizabethtown Noon - 12:30 pm
The summer feeding program will end on July 24 and will not serve meals on July 3 in observation of the Independence Day holiday.
Times and locations are subject to change. The public is encouraged to be patient if a bus should run late on the Cruisin’ Café route. It may take a couple of days to get route times properly adjusted. CLICK HERE to see a summer feeding program menu.