The John Hardin Bowling team has a boys and girls team. The bowling program is designed to help students enjoy a life-long sport. The bowling program became a KHSAA sanctioned sport in the fall of 2011. The team has enjoyed several successful seasons. We have qualified for the KHSAA Bowling tournament three times; individuals on both the boys and girls team advance into state competition every year. In 2018-2019, the Unified Bowling Team first as the state runner-up.
This year, our goal is to finish as a state competitor. Bowlers understand that it takes hard work at both schools and on the lanes to become a well-balanced student-athlete.
- The JHHS bowling season will begin on or around 12 October. If you are interested in being a member of the John Hardin Bowling Team please contact Coach Jenny Brown (Girls Coach) or Coach Mike Moritz (Boys Coach), school telephone number is 270-769-8906.
- Every student must have an up-to-date KHSAA Physical before they can participate in the high school bowling program.
- The bowling program uses Remind.com to keep everyone updated with information. This information will include the changing situations surrounding practice, matches, and tournaments.
- To become a member of the bowling team Remind.com please do the following: To receive messages via text, text @jhbowling to 81010. You can opt-out of messages at any time by replying, 'unsubscribe @jhbowling'. Trouble using 81010? Try texting @jhbowling to (415) 639-9260 instead. Or to receive messages via email, send an email to email@example.com. To unsubscribe, reply with 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
- The JHHS Bowling Team will be practicing Wednesday and Friday after school.
- Matches or tournaments are held throughout the week and we have only two-weekend tournaments.
- At some point in time, you will need to purchase your own bowling ball, shoes, and bag. You can’t use a house ball at the regional or state competition.