Meadow View Elementary School 2017-2018
Title I Home and School Compact
Title I in a nationwide program funded by the federal government to provide extra educational assistant to
underachieving students. The goal of Title I is to bring these students’ skills up to grade level and to improve student
achievement on the statewide assessment. The intent of the Title I Program in the Hardin County Schools is to help
students master challenging curricula and learn to the same high state standards that other children are expected to
meet. Schools become eligible to receive Title I services when their free and reduced lunch counts reach at least 35%.
In the Hardin County Schools’ Title I Program, schools operate as Schoolwide Programs. In Schoolwide Program
Schools, Title I staff members may work with any child in the school experiencing academic difficulties. The goal of a
school wide program is to assist all students to achieve high test scores on the statewide assessment. All Hardin County
Schools participate as Schoolwide Program Schools.
Meadow View teachers are committed to building strong parent-school partnership. This partnership will allow
us to work together to achieve maximum success for all students by using the school district and state guided
curriculum, quality instruction and assignments. We recognize that you, the parent are your child’s first and most
Research has proven that a parent’s continued involvement is essential for student success. Therefore, we have
developed this contract to show you what we will be working on throughout the school year and share some ideas
about what you can work on at home with your child.
Meadow View Contract
As a teacher, I agree to work with your child and provide a safe and successful learning environment. I will hold
high expectations, provide quality-learning opportunities, and communicate your child’s progress. I will make myself
accessible to you so that we can work together in educating your child.
As a parent or legal guardian, you can help your child achieve success by encouraging and practicing the
*Encourage school attendance *Attending school conferences
*Reading to or with your child daily *Eating healthy
*Stressing the importance of school *Checking over homework
*Plenty of rest nightly *Helping your child succeed
Some ideas to help your child at home are:
*Shoe the importance of reading *Make math a fun activity by playing games
*Provide a notebook to encourage writing and drawing *Create a quiet place for your child to study
*Set realistic goals your child can achieve *Encourage and praise for effort and improvement
As a student at Meadow View Elementary, I agree to give my best effort at school by working together with my
teachers and classmates. I will try hard to be the best student I can.
Teacher Signature _________________________________________________________
Parent Signature __________________________________________________________
Student Signature _________________________________________________________
Meadow View Elementary School
Parent Involvement Policy
Meadow View Elementary School has adopted the following parent involvement policy and plan. This policy and the
plan of implementation have been developed with input from parents and staff. Both will be distributed to all Meadow
Meadow View Elementary School shall hold an annual meeting to which all parents are invited and encouraged to
attend. At this meeting, parents will be informed of the school’s participation in a school-wide Title I program, the
purpose and requirements of Title I and their right to be involved.
Meadow View Elementary School shall involve parents in the planning, review, and improvement of Title I programs.
Upon request parents shall be provided:
1. Timely information and opportunities to attend regular meetings.
2. School performance profiles and their child’s individual assessment and proficiency levels including
3. A description and explanation of the school curriculum, assessment, and proficiency levels.
4. A timely response to parent suggestions.
Building Capacity Involvement
Meadow View Elementary School shall build the capacity for strong parent involvement by:
1. Providing assistance to parents understanding national, state, and local goals, standards, and assessments.
2. Explaining how to monitor their child’s performance.
3. Providing materials and training to parents to help them improve their child’s education.
4. Educating the school staff on how to communicate with parents.
5. Coordinating and collaborating programs and acitivities for parent involvement.
6. Ensuring, to the extent possible, information sent home is in a language and format parents can understand.
7. Providing assistance, as appropriate, such as parent resource centers where teachers can learn about child
development and rearing from birth.
8. Training and supporting parents to enhance involvement of other parents.