Meet the Director
I’m so glad you took a minute to visit us online. My name is Donna Propes and I have been the coordinator for the center since July 2005. I’m looking forward to working with you and your family. Cecilia Valley Elementary has a dedicated faculty and staff committed to your child’s education. I encourage you to the FRC or call 862-3287 Ext. 5604 for more information regarding the FRC, parent and child activities or ways the FRC may help your family.
Hours of operation are 7:30-3:00 p.m. however later hours are available. You may also e-mail me at email@example.com
What is a Family Resource Center?
The Cecilia Valley Elementary Family Resource Center (FRC) serves students and their families at Cecilia Valley. Family Resources Centers were created with the passage of the Kentucky Education Reform Act in 1990. The primary goal of the CVES FRC is to remove non-academic barriers to learning as a means to enhance student success in school. This is done by providing community services at the center and by linking families to agencies in the community. Each center has an advisory council that consists of staff, parents, and community members. The advisory council has an important role of helping implement programs, serving as parent volunteers and support of the FRC. The FRC is committed to promoting a positive relationship between family, community and school. I encourage you to participate in any FRC activity and/or school activity as often as you can.
Where is the FRC located?
The Cecilia Valley FRC is located in the front of the building/main office area (room 108).
What Services Are Offered by the FRC?
- Back-to-School Programs/Activities
- Crisis referrals for basic needs such as food, clothing, heating assistance, etc.
- Cradle School classes for parent and child (ages birth-5)
- Educational Support to Students and Parents
- Referrals and assistance to Health Services
- Referrals to Preschool childcare for children two & three years old
- Referrals made for new and expectant parents (First Connections Program)
- Referrals for childcare for children four through 12 for after school child care and
- during summer months.
- Referrals to community agencies for Holiday Assistance
- Referrals for on-site counseling
- Vision and dental assistance through referrals