The Central Kentucky Community Foundation has been awarding scholarships for 40 years to local students from the generosity of people who want to make educational opportunities available to more people. CKCF is the largest awarder of scholarship funds in the region. Students and parents shouldn’t allow a current shortfall of money stand in the way of a long term investment in a student’s future. An online scholarship portal from Scholarship Central will allow students to apply for all our scholarship funds with one application.
Students can CLICK HERE for an application to more than $100,000 in local scholarship money.
Scholarship Central allows students to:
- Learn what scholarships are available
- Find out which scholarships they are eligible for
- Complete the entire application online
Here’s how it works…
- Scholarship Central opened for applications on January 1.
- Students can go to Scholarship Central and set up an account with an email and password.
- Students then select the scholarship in which they are interested and complete the application. Students don’t need to necessarily complete the application in one sitting. They can always click on “Save and continue later”. In some cases, they may be required to attach documents that they will get from other people.
- After the application is complete, the student’s guidance counselor will be notified to attach certain documents, which may include things like their transcript, ACT scores, etc.
- After the deadline for applications is passed, the applications will be reviewed and a recipient will be selected and notified.
The deadline to complete the online application is March 1, at 12:00 midnight (EST).
Once students submit their online application, they will not be able to make changes to their application or upload additional documents. Submission of a scholarship application grants permission for any school to release student academic and/or financial information and for additional contact from CKCF for information from the applicant as necessary to execute the scholarship process. All information will remain confidential.