Hello Vine Grove students and parents! I'm Mrs. Scherer, the School Counselor. The 2017-2018 school year will be my 6th at Vine Grove and my 16th as an elementary school educator. I am so lucky to get to do this job!!
As a School Counselor, I perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in academic, career, and personal/social domains:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance (i.e. Large group counseling)
- Attend and participate in academic intervention meetings
- Organize and administer building testing
- Observe students in various school environments
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, and students
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
Please take a moment to browse through the site to learn more about what your School Counselor is doing at Vine Grove Elementary.