Unit Title: Chemistry
1. Analyze and interpret data on the properties of substances before and after the substances interact to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred.
2. Develop and use a model to describe how the total number of atoms does not change in a chemical reaction and thus mass is conserved.
3. Undertake a design project to construct, test, and modify a device that either release or absorbs thermal energy by chemical processes.
4. Explain basic atomic structure-protons, electrons, neutrons.
5. Interpret and use the periodic table.
Monday: No school. President's Day
Tuesday: Review sheet for common assessment
Wednesday: Design, build, and test instant hot and cold packs
Thursday: Review game for common assessment
Friday: Club Day. Students will work on 8 bonus questions for the common assessment, which will be the following Monday.