Unit Title: Chemistry
1. Analyze and interpret data on the properties of substances before and after thr substances interact to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred.
2. Develop and use a model to describe how the total number of atoms does not change in a chemical reaction and thus mass is conserved.
3. Undertake a design project to construct, test, and modify a device that either release or absorbs thermal energy by chemical processes.
4. Explain basic atomic structure-protons, electrons, neutrons.
5. Interpret and use the periodic table.
Monday: Finish color coding periodic table, notes on atoms
Tuesday: Atom model project
Wednesday: Finish atom model project
Thursday: Quiz on atoms, my element research
Friday: Finish research, present my element research
Monday: Complete element presentations, label periodic table families
Tuesday: Bill Nye atoms video
Wednesday: Team pride rally, team reward, license plate activity during science classes