1. print-the words in a text
2.prose-ordinary writing (letter, short story, informational)
3. purpose-the main reason for writing
4.quote-to repeat the exact words that are written or said by another person
5. simile-a comparison between two unlike things using the words "like' or "as".
6. third person narration-writing in which the narrator is not a character in the events and describes them from the "outside" using he or she
7. tone-the feeling or attitude a piece of writing conveys
8. metaphor-a comparison between two objects or ideas without using the words "like" or "as"
9. addage-a traditional saying or expression of a common experience, also known as a proverb (A penny saved is a penny earned).
10. affix-a word element, such as a prefix or suffix added to a root word
11. explicitly- stated or described clearly and in detail
12.mood-tone created in a piece of writing and reading
13. alliteration-repetition of the same sounds in words in a phrase
14. idiom-a phrase whose meaning is different from the normal meaning of the individual words (kick the bucket)
15. nuances-slight differences in expression or meaning (noisy, thunderous)
Spelling Words: greet, stray, feast, awake, praise, disease, repeat, display, braces, thief, ashamed, sleeve, waist, beneath, sheepish, release, remain, sway, training, niece