Welcome Letter to Parents
I am happy to welcome you to the 2017-18 school year! I am looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure your child can achieve his/her highest potential. I recognize that in order to be successful in school, children need support from both home and school. I know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, I share the responsibility for your child's success. Your child should have a successful year with each of us doing our part, this includes your student.
I ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments on time
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school
7) Sign agenda each night
Please consider volunteering in our classroom. I seek volunteers to help students with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support
2) Reading with children who need extra help
3) Clerical work
Please become familiar with your student's agenda. There is a lot of important information you and your student can review together. If you have any questions about rules and expectations, please feel free to contact me.
I am super excited about the fun and amazing things we will be learning this year.
Thank you in advance for your involvement and support.