My name is Sophie (Routt) Newton. This is my very first year as a Family Resource Coordinator and I feel like I hit the jackpot with landing a job at Rineyville Elementary. Like Rineyville, I grew up in the small town of Hodgenville, Ky. I graduated from WKU with a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work in 2011. I currently live in LaRue County with my husband of 4 years, Adam, my 1 year old son, Cole and our cat, Azmira. I have a passion for helping others and believe that family is the most important aspect in shaping a child’s life! Having a healthy and stable foundation is so important and I want to help create that for the students at Rineyville in any way that I can. Students, parents, grandparents, guardians, families, school staff and community members are always welcome in my center!
A little bit about Family Resource:
The Family Resource and Youth Services Centers’ program mission is to enhance students’ abilities to succeed in school by meeting the needs of all children and their families. As Family Resource Coordinator my job is to:
- Assist and inform you of resources in the community that may benefit you and your family
- Educate and refer to various health organizations including mental health services
- Advocate and support you and your child in times of need
- Implement and manage programs within the school (Cradle school, Backpack Program, Girl Power, hygiene classes, vision screenings,etc.)
- Provide a lending closet located within in the school
- And much more!
I am happy to assist you and/or your child with any needs or concerns that you have! Please do not hesitate to call or stop by if you have concerns, are in need of assistance or if you just want to talk! I am happy to help!
"Everyone has a story, have the patience to listen and the wisdom to learn."-Anonymous