Core Concepts: Altruism
Selfless regard or concern for the well-being of others.
|Motivation for good of others rather than
one's own gain.
||The student will be able to:
- realize the importance of treating others as you would like to be
- help each other with daily tasks
- help other students learn to master skills such as reading
- make gifts for persons in nursing homes or day care centers
- visit and entertain community groups
- participate in school clean-up days and community anti-litter
- define the word altruism and provide examples from personal
- write a report on a story, poem, or book and explain in other words
what it says about altruism
- identify examples and the value of altruism in literature, history,
and current events