CENTRAL HARDIN HIGH SCHOOL
ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME
The purpose of the Athletic Hall of Fame is to appropriately honor persons who have brought unusually significant recognition to the school, or have by their unusually successful service achieved significant accomplishments on behalf of the school, or by a significant act or contribution distinguished themselves as a former athlete of the school, or as significant and unusual supporter of the school through intercollegiate athletics.
Section 1. The Central Hardin High School Hall of Fame shall be supervised by a duly appointed Committee. The Committee shall select inductees to the Hall of Fame, solicit funds as necessary to maintain the Hall of Fame, and advise the Principal and the Director of Athletics on the activities of the Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame Committee shall be composed of:
--A chair, which is the current Principal and will serve as a permanent member in this capacity.
--A secretary, who is the Athletic Director and will serve as a permanent member in this capacity.
--Five (5) other members nominated by the Committee and approved by the Principal.
Section 2. Each member of the Committee will serve a term of three (3) years except the Principal and Athletic Director, who shall be permanent members. Members may succeed themselves for one additional term. Two members will be selected annually. The first Hall of Fame Committee will be selected for staggered terms: two members for five (5) years; two members for (4) years; and one member for three (3) years. These staggered first terms will be designated by the Principal. As terms expire, new members of the Committee will be selected at the Spring Selection meeting.
Any alumnus or friend of Central Hardin High School may submit the name of one nominee to the Hall of Fame Committee for consideration. Nomination forms (fully completed) must be submitted in writing to the secretary of the Committee by March 1. The secretary shall see that all Committee members have copies of all nomination forms prior to the Spring Selection meeting. The secretary shall cause the notification of all inductees of their election into the Central Hardin High School Athletics Hall of Fame.
Categories and Criteria for Inductees
Inductees into the Hall of Fame must satisfy the following criteria:
Election of Inductees
All actions and considerations of the Committee shall be confidential with only those inducted publicly acknowledged. All nominations not selected to be inducted in a given year will automatically remain in nomination for five (5) years. Individuals may be re-nominated after absent from the list for one (1) year. Selection will be by a majority vote at the Spring Selection meeting.
Induction of New Members
New members of the Central Hardin High School Athletic Hall of Fame shall be inducted at an appropriate public event, such as a home Basketball game.
The Committee shall conduct at least two (2) regular meetings annually: the spring meeting will be for the purpose of Selection of Inductee. The fall meeting will be for the purpose of scheduling and preparing for the Induction. The chair will select the actual meeting date and time and the secretary will inform all Committee members of the meeting and the nominations.
These bylaws may be recommended for amendment by a two-thirds vote of the members of the Committee at a regular or special meeting. Final authority of amendment rest with the Principal of Central Hardin High School.
Procedures for Nomination
1. Inductees may be nominated either:
a. by the Selection Committee;
b. by the former or current faculty, administration, and staff;
c. by former or current members of Central Hardin Booster Clubs;
d. by Central Hardin alumni.
Procedures for Selection
Section 1. The Selection Committee
The Hall of Fame Selection Committee will meet within 45 days following the requires date of March 1 to select candidates based on the criteria presented in this document.
The duties and responsibilities of the Hall of Fame Selection Committee shall be as follows:
The voting procedures of the Hall of Fame Selection Committee shall be as follows:
ARTICLE X: INDUCTION
Inductees shall be notified by August 1 for winter induction. Details for the Induction Ceremony to be decided by the Selection Committee.
Official Nomination Form - - Due by May 1
Central Hardin Athletic Hall of Fame
1. Complete the nomination form and return to:
Central Hardin Hall of Fame Committee
Attention: Chris Bauer
Central Hardin High School
3040 Leitchfield Road
Cecilia, KY 42724
2. The information on this Nomination Form will be confidential and will be used by the
Hall of Fame Committee.
3. To be eligible for the Athletic Hall of Fame, individuals must have been Central Hardin High School athletes, alumni, coaches, or contributors who have made significant contributions to the CHHS athletic program.
4. The Hall of Fame is organized to recognize, honor and preserve the history of those athletes, coaches and individuals who have influenced the Bruin Tradition of Excellence through their achievements and contributions to the CHHS athletic program. The Hall of Fame honors the achievements / contributions of these individuals as examples for others to emulate.
CATEGORIES FOR RECOGNITION
1. ATHLETE: Any person who distinguished himself/herself in the field of athletics while a student at CHHS. Criteria considerations should include All-State recognition, Kentucky All Star Team selection, individual State Champions, State record holders, All-American recognition, Pro-selection, outstanding college accomplishments, and college scholarship recipient or collegiate participant. Other considerations may be taken into account but may not take the place of the above criteria. Should graduates ten ( 10 ) years before becoming eligible. (Unusual / Exceptional circumstances may be considered. )
2. ALUMNUS / ALUMNA: Any person who distinguished himself / herself in the field of athletics after graduation from CHHS.
3. COACH: Any CHHS coach with five ( 5 ) years coaching at CHHS and who made significant contributions to the athletic program at Central Hardin High School. The nominee must be inactive to be eligible for consideration. Criteria consideration should be based on accomplishments that merit statewide recognition as well as significant contributions to the athletic programs and CHHS. ( Unusual / Exceptional circumstances may be considered. )
4. CONTRIBUTOR: An individual who has made outstanding contributions to the interscholastic athletic programs at Central Hardin High School other than playing and / or coaching. Eligible for induction five ( 5 ) years after commercing significant involvement in CGGS athletics.
OFFICIAL NOMINATION FORM ( Due May 1 )
CHHS ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME
Graduating Class: __________ ††††††††††††††††††† ( Committee member, faculty, administrator,
staff, booster, or CHHS alumnus. alumna )
Current ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Current
Address: _____________________________ Address: _____________________________
Tele: ________________________________† Tele: ________________________________
E-mail: ______________________________† E-mail: ______________________________
FAX :________________________________ FAX: ________________________________
In addition to the information above, the following materials should be submitted for an individual to be considered:
___ A letter of recommendation from the person making the nomination, and other letters of support from appropriate individuals who can validate or substantiate pertinent information related to the nominee.
___ A LIMITED number ( up to 12 ) of newspaper clippings, magazine articles, copies of scorebooks and statistics may be included to help substantiate the accomplishments and contributions of the nominee.
___ A suitable photograph, preferably black & white, should be submitted for reproduction.
Failure to supply support material will invalidate the nomination; the nomination will not be considered.
Following nomination, a candidate shall remain eligible for five ( 5 ) years. After this period, the candidate may be nominated again on a new nomination form.