CENTRAL HARDIN HIGH SCHOOL
POLICY NUMBER: 9.05
DRESS CODE: In keeping with the educational purpose of this school, students are expected to dress and groom themselves appropriately. Each student is expected to keep his/her person and clothing clean and neat. There will be a classroom check for dress code violations daily during first block.
The following rules will be enforced:
1. Clothing and accessories decorated with offensive illustrations, slogans that are about or suggestive of drugs, tobacco products, alcohol, sex, obscenities or language which proves to be a disturbing influence shall not be allowed.
2. Footwear and shirts must be worn.
3. Bare midriffs, sheer or see through clothing, bare backs, off-the-shoulder tops, tank tops, and shirts with cutout sleeves are not allowed. Tops revealing cleavage are not permitted.
4. No hats, scarves, bandanas, caps, rakes, picks, combs, spurs, or sunglasses may be worn inside the building. Students violating this policy may have the article confiscated. Hats brought to school are not to be carried and must be placed in locker until 3:15.
5. All garments must have no visible holes. Neatly sewn patches are acceptable. Once again, the
outer layer must conform to dress code.
6. All shorts, dresses, and skirts must be no shorter than 3 inches above the top of the knee. If leggings are worn under dresses or skirts, the dress or skirt must still be no shorter than 3 inches above the knee. If spandex, Lycra, or other form fitting materials are worn, than the outer layer must still conform to dress code.
7. Any apparel that is gang related cannot be worn on the school campus.
8. All pants must be worn on the waist. Sagging pants are not allowed. If a second layer of clothing or skin is visible underneath shorts/pants/skirts, this is considered sagging.
9. All shirts and tops MUST have sleeves.
10. No chains or spiked collars are allowed.
11. Students will not wear pajamas, nightgowns,
house slippers, or lounging pants in school.
Dress Code Violations & Consequences
1st Offense: Sent to the office. Correct the offense or
spend the remainder of the day in AIM.
Garment must be replaced or removed - i.e., don’t put a jacket over the
2nd Offense: One-half day of Saturday School (8:30 AM -11:30 AM). Offense has to be corrected.
3rd-5th Offense: One full day of Saturday School. Offense has to be corrected.
Ø Further violations will be at the discretion of the administration.
Ø Discipline referral will be written on each offense.
Ø Failure to attend Saturday School for dress code violations will result in three (3) days of AIM.
Date Approved: April 20, 2011 Chairperson: Tim Isaacs