REVIEW Chapter 4 Forensic
Examination of Glass
_____________________ property describes the behavior of a substance
without reference to any other substance.
_____________________ property describes the behavior of a substance when
it reacts or combines with another substance.
- The _______________ system of
measurement was devised by the French Academy of Science in 1791.
- The amount of matter an object
contains determines its _________________.
- Mass per unit volume defines the
property of ______________________.
- If an object is immersed in a liquid
of greater density, it will (sink, float).
- The bending of a light wave because of
a change in velocity is called __________________________.
- The physical property of
______________ is determined by the ratio of the velocity of light in a
vacuum to lights velocity in a substance.
- Glass that can be physically pieced
together has _____________________ characteristics.
- The two most useful physical
properties of glass for forensic comparisons are _____________________ and
- Comparing the relative densities of
glass fragments is readily accomplished by a method known as
- When glass is immersed in a liquid of
similar refractive index, its _____________ disappears and minimum
contrast between the glass and liquid is observed.
- The fracture lines radiating outward
from a crack in glass are known as _________________ fractures.
- A crater-shaped hole in glass is
(narrower, wider) on the side where the projectile entered the glass.
- True or False It is easy to
determine from the size and shape of a hole in glass whether it was made
by a bullet or some other projectile. _________________
- True or False Stress marks on the
edge of a radial crack are always perpendicular to the edge of the surface
on which the impact force originated. ____________
- A fracture line (will, will not)
terminate at an existing line fracture.