Regulations For Pupils Riding School Buses
Waiting for the Bus
- Be at the bus stop at least five minutes ahead of time.
- Respect other people's property.
- Line up and don't push when the bus arrives.
- Do not stand in the road.
Boarding the Bus
- Only board the bus you are assigned unless you have written permission from your principal.
- Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before boarding.
- If crossing the street, wait until the bus comes to a complete stop and the bus driver signals you to cross.
- Use the handrail.
- Do not wear clothes with drawstrings and carry backpacks with strings dangling.
- Go quietly to your assigned seat and sit down.
- Do not stop to talk to the driver or other students.
Riding the Bus
- Sit Quietly.
- Change seats only when the bus driver gives you permission.
- Do not stand in the step well or landing, in front of the emergency door or any place that might block the driver's view.
- Open window only when the bus driver gives you permission.
- Keep your arms, legs, and head inside the bus.
- Do not eat, drink, chew gum, or smoke on the bus.
- Keep all your items in your lap.
- Report any damage to the bus to the bus driver when you leave the bus.
- Do not throw items on or off the bus.
- Do not do or say anything that might distract the driver's attention.
- Obey any directions given to you by the bus driver.
Leaving the Bus
- Wait in your seat until the bus stops.
- Do not crowd or push.
- Use the handrail.
- Do not jump off the steps.
- Go directly home or into the school.
- Leave the bus only at your assigned stop unless you have written permission from your principal.
- When crossing the street, wait for the driver to signal you to cross.
- Parents should report any misconduct on the school bus to the principal.
- Parents should encourage students to observe all safety and conduct regulations established for the safe and efficient operation of the school bus.
- Parents should observe extreme caution when approaching the bus stops, moving buses, or stopped buses.
- Parents should help supervise large numbers of children at bus stops.
- Parents should see that their children are at the bus stop five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Parents of pre-school children or person(s) listed on the TA Form, must meet the bus to receive their child.