MRS. TERRI GOODMAN - WEST HARDIN YSC COORDINATOR
OFFICE HOURS: 8:30am - 3:30pm - BY APPOINTMENT
What is the Youth Services Center?
The Youth Services Center or YSC (similar to a Family Resources Center) was
created as part of the Kentucky Education Reform Act (KERA).
YSC's are designed to strengthen students' abilities to succeed by providing
them and their families with information and access to social services,
to community programs, and to break down achievement barriers.
YSC's functions as a link between students, families, school, and community.
Services are available to ALL students. Because every school is unique,
every YSC is unique.
Youth Services Center Goals
- To inform students, parents, and staff about services and activities offered by the YSC
- To assist students in obtaining basic needs and school supplies
- To promote healthy lifestyle choices
- Referrals to health services
- Mental health counseling and referrals
- To foster a safe school environment
- To increase exposure to career development opportunities
- To help facilitate communication between family, school and community
- To provide academic support to students
Services Offered through the YSC
- Referrals to health and social service programs
- Career exploration opportunities
- Information about community service opportunities
- Education related to drug and alcohol abuse prevention
- Family crisis and mental health counseling
- Assistance with basic school and family needs
IMPORTANT LINKS & PHONE NUMBERS
EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE & TRAINING