In keeping with the educational purpose of this school – to prepare students for college and/or a career – students are expected to dress and groom themselves appropriately. Each student is expected to keep his/her person and clothing clean and neat. Final determination of meeting dress code expectations will be made by school administration. The following rules will be enforced:
1. Clothing and accessories decorated with offensive illustrations, slogans that are about or suggestive of drugs, tobacco products alcohol, sex obscenities or language which proves to be a disturbing influence shall not be allowed.
2. Bare midriffs, sheer or see through clothing, bare backs, off-the-shoulder tops, tank tops, and shirts with cutout sleeves are not allowed. Tops revealing cleavage are not permitted.
3. No hats, bandanas, caps, spurs, or sunglasses may be worn inside the building. Students violating this policy will have the article confiscated. Hats brought to school are not to be carried and must be placed in the locker until 3:15.
4. Winter coats must be left in the locker.
5. Skin cannot be visible if pants have holes.
6. All shorts, dresses, and skirts must be within three inches of the knee. Form fitting material, such as leggings, jeggings, and yoga pants, may not be worn as an outer layer.
7. All pants must be worn on the waist. Sagging pants are not allowed. If a second layer of clothing or skin is visible underneath shorts/pants/skirts, this is considered sagging.
8. Pierced ears are the only visible piercing allowed.
9. Students will not wear pajamas, nightgowns, house slippers, or lounging pants in school; students will not be permitted to bring blankets to school..
10. Students are not allowed to write on themselves or their clothing.
11. For safety reasons, BACKPACKS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM. Purses no larger than 12 inches x12 inches are permitted.
12. Headphones and earbuds can be used for educational purpose but must be left in the locker when not in use. They shall not be worn around the neck or seen outside of the classroom.