NORTH HARDIN ATHLETICS HALL OF FAME
Official Nomination Form - - Due by May 1
North Hardin Athletic Hall of Fame
1. Complete the nomination form and return to:
North Hardin Hall of Fame Committee
Attention: Rick Skeeters
390 Browns Lane
Vine Grove, Ky. 40175
2. The information on this Nomination Form will be confidential and will be used by the
Hall of Fame Committee.
3. To be eligible for the Athletic Hall of Fame, individuals must have been North Hardin High School athletes, alumni, coaches, or contributors who have made significant contributions to the NHHS athletic program.
4. The Hall of Fame is organized to recognize, honor and preserve the history of those athletes, coaches and individuals who have influenced the Trojan Tradition of Excellence through their achievements and contributions to the NHHS athletic program. The Hall of Fame honors the achievements / contributions of these individuals as examples for others to emulate.
CATEGORIES FOR RECOGNITION
1. ATHLETE: Any person who distinguished himself/herself in the field of athletics while a student at NHHS. Criteria considerations should include All-State recognition, Kentucky All Star Team selection, individual State Champions, State record holders, All-American recognition, Pro-selection, outstanding college accomplishments, and college scholarship recipient or collegiate participant. Other considerations may be taken into account but may not take the place of the above criteria. Should graduates eight ( 8 ) years before becoming eligible. (Unusual / Exceptional circumstances may be considered. )
2. ALUMNUS / ALUMNA: Any person who distinguished himself / herself in the field of athletics after graduation from NHHS.
3. COACH: Any NHHS coach with five ( 5 ) years coaching at NHHS and who made significant contributions to the athletic program at North Hardin High School. The nominee must be inactive at NH to be eligible for consideration. Criteria consideration should be based on accomplishments that merit statewide recognition as well as significant contributions to the athletic programs and NHHS. ( Unusual / Exceptional circumstances may be considered. )
4. CONTRIBUTOR: An individual who has made outstanding contributions to the interscholastic athletic programs at North Hardin High School other than playing and / or coaching.
The Hall of Fame is organized to maintain the rich heritage and tradition of the successful athletic programs at North Hardin High School. In addition, it will serve as a means of recognizing, preserving and honoring the athletes, coaches and individuals who have made significant contributions to the athletic programs, other than the afore mentioned ways.
Many individuals have been influential in the Trojan "Tradition of Excellence" and have had exemplary accomplishments on the athletic fields and courts. The Hall of Fame honors the contributions and accomplishments of these individuals who are worthy of recognition as examples for others to emulate.
North Hardin High School will honor its 2007, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Athletic Hall of Fame induction classes October 11th and 12th.
The classes will be introduced during the Trojans’ home football game October 11 against Iroquois. The next day (October 12) at 6:00 PM, an induction ceremony and dinner will be held at the school.
The Hall of Fame selection committee accepted nominees through May 1 in four categories – athlete, alumnus/alumna, coach and contributor. The hall plans to induct classes of up to 15 inductees each year before switching to a 10-inductee yearly maximum after the 2014 induction.
The Hall of Fame committee plans to have its yearly induction ceremony following a home football game each school year.
Induction ceremony/dinner tickets will cost $20. You can order tickets by contacting Judy Bishop at 351-3659.
For information on the North Hardin Athletic Hall of Fame, you can call Bo O’Brien 270-737-4837.
Click here for nomination application:
2017 North Hardin Athletics Hall of Fame Inductees:
FR - Coach Joe Jaggers, Darryl Murray, Jodi Pence, Steve Yates, Cameron Ponder's wife, BR - Paul Gray, Lamont Duckett, Anthony Carter, Skip Daugherty, & Tom Gray. Thank you for your contributions to NHHS athletics
2016 North Hardin Athletic Hall of Fame inductees:
Front Row:L to R Huck Heighter, Football, Basketball and Track-Class of
1973; Jay Tesar, representing Duane Klug, Soccer Coach; Joe Kocher,
Baseball, Class of 1975; Ernie Patterson, Track and Field, Class of 1979;
Jodan Skeeters, Soccer and Football, Class of 2003
Second Row: L to R Mike Biggs, representing David Biggs, Football and
Wrestling, Class of 1973; Teri Hatfield Hall, Cheerleading, Class of 1982;
Roger Biggs, Football and Assistant Football Coach, Class of 1971; William
Barker, Basketball, Class of 1982; Jason Booher, Basketball, Class of 1992
2015 North Hardin Athletic Hall of Fame inductees:
Front row: Sandy Brock Skeeters(Contributor), Stanley Shelby (Basketball), Sandia and Russ Salvia accepting for Jared Salvia (Golf), Annette Williams accepting for Stanley Williams(Basketball)
Back row: Greg Blair (Baseball), Gerald Lowry(Coach), Johannesburg Boulware (Track), Courtney Crutcher Bell (Soccer, Softball and Basketball), Whitney Crutcher (Golf, Basketball, and Softball), Clinton Williams accepting for Stanley Williams (Basketball), Raymond Ward( Contributor)
2014 North Hardin Athletic Hall of Fame inductees:
Nathan M. Adcock; Baseball Ron Bevars; Coach
Timothy P. Boggess, Wrestling Troy Hawkins; Golf
Harold “Bubba” Dennis; Football, Soccer, Track Daniel “Dinky” Holmes; Track
James “Jimmy” Holmes; Football, Track James Jones; Basketball, Track
Victoria L. King McCray; Track Philip W. McCamish; Wrestling
Raymond McLaurin; Football, Track Arvil D. Myers; Wrestling
Doug Mings; Baseball Chuck Moore; Football, Basketball, Baseball
Lisa Villanueva Madden; Basketball, Softball, Cross Country
2013 North Hardin Athletic Hall of Fame inductees:
Steve Bailey-Baseball Hannah Clark McCauley-Track Fawnda Cox-Track;Basketball Marty Fulkerson-Contributor Brian Herzog-Baseball Bernie Howard-Tennis Crad Jaggers-Baseball; Football; Basketball Ladislav (Laddie) Novak-Contributor Charlie Lynch-Football; Coach Denell Whelan-Baseball Barbara Proffitt-Contributor Greg Skeeters-Wrestling Ray Story-Contributor Marvin Watts-Basketball
2012 North Hardin Athletic Hall of Fame inductees:
Bruce Atcher-Basketball Judy Bishop-Matmaid Sponsor; Contributor Barry Bonifield-Golf James Boulware-Basketball; Track Bernie McCamish-Wrestling Jose’ Cubero-Baseball
Edward Bowden-Baseball Wendell Lyons-Basketball Rudy McKinney-Football; Track; Basketball; Track Ricky Morse-Wrestling Debbie Roberson Cato-Basketball; Softball Andre’ Woodson-Football; Basketball; Track George Whidby-Baseball; Basketball; Cross Country Clinton Willisma-Wrestling
Andre’ Woodson-Football; Basketball; Track Mike Skeeters-Track; Cross Country; Basketball; Contributor
2011 North Hardin Athletic Hall of Fame inductees:
Rick Baily-Baseball; Basketball Leonard Boulware-Track
Betty Conover-Basketball Jay Crawford-Wrestling
Dwayne Ellis-Baseball Coach; Cross Country Coach Mark Fatkin-Football; Baseball
Jim Frame-Wrestling; Football; Baseball Tara Hawkins-Golf
Bernie Head-Track, Wrestling; Football Martha Lloyd-Contributor
Jimmy Smith-Wrestling; Wrestling Coach Howard Stidham-Football; Basketball
Barbara Underwood-Track Coach; Swimming Coach Gary Valentine-Basketball
Bo O’Brien-Track Coach, Assistant Boys’ Basketball Coach; Head Girls’ Basketball Coach
2007 North Hardin Athletic Hall of Fame inductees:
Ed Brandon-Wrestling Brett Burrow-Basketball Tanya Cecil Olson-Golf Neil Fatkin-Football Eddie Hawkins-Baseball; Football; Basketball Joan Jackson-Track
James Jeter-Basketball; Track Kelly Kirchbaum-Football; Wrestling Todd Perry-Football and Wrestling Rick Skeeters-Football, Basketball; Baseball Joey Stockton-Football; Basketball; Track Robbie Valentine-Basketball