Meadow View Elementary School
Parent Involvement Policy
Meadow View Elementary School has adopted the following parent involvement policy and plan. This policy and the plan to implement it have been developed with parents and staff. Both will be distributed to all Meadow View parents.
Meadow View Elementary School shall hold an annual meeting, to which all parents are invited and encouraged to attend. At this meeting, parents will be informed of the school’s participation in a school- wide Title 1 program, the purpose and requirements of Title 1, and their right to be involved.
Meadow View Elementary School shall involve parents in the planning, review, and improvement of Title 1 programs.
Upon request parents shall be provided:
- Timely information and opportunities to attend regular meetings
- School performance profiles and their child’s individual assessment and proficiency levels, including interpretation.
- A description and explanation of the school curriculum, assessment, and proficiency levels.
- A timely response to parent suggestions.
Building Capacity for Involvement
Meadow View Elementary School shall build the capacity for strong parent involvement by:
1. Providing assistance to parents understanding national, state, and local goals, standards, and
2. Explaining how to monitor their child’s performance.
3. Providing materials and training to parents to help them improve their child’s education.
4. Educating the school staff on how to communicate with parents.
5. Coordinating and collaborating programs and activities for parent involvement.
6. Ensuring, to the extent possible, information sent home is in a language and format parents can
7. Providing other assistance, as appropriate, such as parent resource centers where teachers can learn
about child development and rearing from birth.
8. Training and supporting parents to enhance involvement of other parents.
We will evaluate the effectiveness of this policy through our School Improvement Planning Process.
Date Adopted: _04/11/2011_
Date Reviewed or Revised: _____ Council Chairperson’s Initials _____