The following guidelines will be used for students checking out books from the Library Media Center:
- Students may check out 2 books per visit.
- Books are checked out for a period of 1 week.
- Students may renew a book 1 time for a period of 1 week (Special consideration will be given on an individual basis).
- If a student has lost a book(s), parents will be sent a note stating the title of the book and the price. Every effort should be made to locate the lost book(s) or to pay for the book(s) in the event that the book(s) cannot be found.
- For students with 1 lost book, they may be allowed to check out 1 book per visit until the lost book is located or paid for.
- Students with 2 lost books will not be permitted to check out any books until at least one of the books has been located or paid for, at which time they will be permitted to check out 1 book. Students will gain full library privileges once the remaining book is located or paid for.
We will evaluate the effectiveness of this policy through our School Improvement Planning Process.
Date Adopted: _2-9-11_
Date Reviewed or Revised: _____ Council Chairperson’s Initials _____