In keeping with the educational purpose of this school, students are expected to dress and groom themselves appropriately. Each student is expected to keep his/her person and clothing modest, clean, and neat. The wearing of clothing which might disturb the order and decorum of the school is prohibited.
- Clothing, jewelry, and accessories decorated with offensive illustrations, slogans that are suggestive of drugs, tobacco products, alcohol, sex, obscenities or language which proves to be a disturbing influence shall not be allowed.
- Footwear and shirts must be worn.
- Bare midriffs, sheer or see through clothing, bare backs, off-the shoulder tops, tank tops, and shirts with cut out sleeves are not allowed. Tops revealing cleavage are not permitted.
- Clothing with inappropriate holes (size or location) is not permitted.
- No hats, scarves (worn as a head covering), bandanas, caps, rakes, picks, combs, spurs, or sunglasses may be worn inside the building. The offending article may be confiscated.
- No extremely tight or short clothing is permitted.
- Any apparel that is gang related cannot be worn on the school campus.
- No sagging pants are allowed.
- All shirts and tops must have sleeves.
- No chains or spiked collars are permitted.
- Students will not wear pajamas, nightgowns, house slippers, or lounging pants in school.
- Dress code violations corrected prior to the 8:30 am start of school will not count as a dress code offense.
- There will be a classroom check for dress code violations daily during first block.
- When possible violations of these expectations occur, the student will be sent to the principal, who will evaluate the violation and instruct him/her in the correction of the matter. In keeping with PBIS, every effort will be made to correct the issue and return the student to his/her regular class as soon as possible. However, some situations may require the student to be assigned to AIM.
- Principals shall enforce the dress code and apply discipline as deemed necessary.
- First Offense: Correct the offense and return to class or be assigned to AIM.
- Second Offense: 1 day of AIM.
- Third Offense and Beyond: 2 days of AIM.